Tuesday, October 30, 2007

It's Quilt Festival Time

Only 2 days until it's a girls weekend away. Deb Birk and I are flying off to Houston to the quilt festival and market. We're staying with Carroll (our over achiever friend) for the weekend. She has plenty of side trips planned- a wine bar near the convention center-various other eating and drinking establishments. She did mention it will be cheaper to drink at her house-yeah more money for fiber purchases! There is a stop planned to Yarn2Ewe as soon as she picks us up at the airport. It will be fun to visit another yarn shop and see how it compares to ours. PS we find out the results of the A List tomorrow- I'm sure we will be partying soon!
Craig showed me how to post pictures to this blog today. I am sooo excited. We were supposed to go to Lafayette and pick up a small easy to use digital camera-however Craig went to clean up his truck and never came back. That is so typical of my darling boy! So I guess I will go by myself tomorrow and buy the camera. I'll post pictures from Houston.
On the house progress- Rick started the painting in the living room- the ceiling is painted a light green and the walls are cut in- tansy green. I love it. But I hear the color scheme was said to look like Candyland. Rick did you really say that? There are paint chips taped all over the family room walls from light yellow gold to a dusky purple. Ummm is purple too much? I have decided on a metallic teal for the study- it is gorgeous- and will look great with all the wood that will be in that room. I am so excited to get this finished. It will be great to have friends over again and not be completely embarrassed by the disaster.
Now I am going to knit on the Einstein. I don't think it will be finished before I leave and it's just too bulky to take along- I think? It is mindless knitting=something to consider when drinking with the girls.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Tonia,
Great visit - let's not wait so long before we get together again! Tell me more about the "A-List"...